Saturday, January 5, 2013

Attractions in NSW

We have a lot of interesting attractions in NSW - here's my little selection from where I have been and those I've seen.

1. Dolphin Marine Magic
Location: Coffs Harbour
My personal review via DMM's website: http://www.dolphinmarinemagic.com.au/testimonials/joe-hupp

This amazing park is one I highly recommend - it is more hands on than Sea World. You can pat a dolphin, feed a seal and penguin and be kissed by dolphins and seals. Then there are the in-water experiences - there are experiences for everyone. From a shallow water experience, the Ultimate Dolphin Experience, experiences with seals and a Trainer For The Day program, no two days are the same. I was very lucky to be able to do a shallow water experience with one of their dolphins - even though it was shallow, I was amazed at how much we were able to learn and do with our given dolphin, a 7 year old female named Bella. The experience was well worth it and the memories I have taken away from this will be with me forever!

2. Taronga Western Plains Zoo
Location: Dubbo

This amazing zoo is in my home town - there are lots of different animals to see and interact with. My favourite interaction involves the Sumatran Tiger - one of the many encounters at TWPZ is the Big Cat Encounter with your choice of the African Lion or the Sumatran Tiger. I chose the Sumatran Tiger as I wanted to learn about these amazing yet endangered big cats. You can walk, ride or drive around the 6km round circuit - it's also best to leave walking around the zoo until the cooler months as Summer (Dec-Feb) can be really hot.

3. Tamworth Country Music Festival
Location: Tamworth

Technically not an attraction, the Tamworth Country Music Festival ranks here because it feels like one. Whether you visit for one day or ten, there's lots to see and do.

No comments:

Post a Comment